Ultimate Robotnik Duels Ultimate Robotnik Duels

Waiting for your next game!

This is a well-made game if you ask me. I really took notice that you use the arrow keys to navigate through the UI. This is a great plus factor since it will leave the player’s burden of switching hands off the mouse and keyboard. As a matter of fact, since the game only uses four-direction and one action key, I might suggest that you could add a mouse-control feature (e.g. the character follows the mouse pointer and left-click as action button).

Now for the categories.

Graphic is 8. You used some of 16-bit games sprites, which are already good, and you combine them in a decent not-too-goofy design.

Style is 8 as well. Great game overall. Just for future recommendation, maybe you could add dynamic camera zoom, like the ones in most SNK fighting games, where the camera zooms to the action when the players are close to each other.

Sound is 7. You use memorable stage themes and a remixed version of the boss theme for the title if I’m not mistaken. Good choice of music although some of the sound loops are not continuous (e.g. the emerald hill stage).

Violence is 5. Well, you don’t expect much violence here, do you? It’s good enough.

Interactivity is 9. Great UI design, great controls, like the extras, which leads to a great game. 9 means near perfect although I like to see you go beyond my expectation on your next game.

Humor is 7. I like Sonic characters, especially the ones on 16-bit platforms. Nevertheless, I chose Mario as my favorite for this game haha.

Overall is 8. Great game! Your work is highly noticed. Keep it up.

To be honest, I didn’t take much time playing this game completely. I only had a minute or two to get straight into the game. However, that first impression really urges me to write this review, hope it helps you to improve more on your next game.

Suggestions:
- Add mouse controls
- Add dynamic zoom
- Fix the sound-loops
- Add winning pose for the characters, it adds the fun 

Well that’s all from me.

Best regards,
Jannata

Digimaks responds:

OOH! Lots of Thanks for a Kick As$ review!
Mouse control- hmmm, don't know. mabe . mabe would put in the options as a control prefference-
KEYBOARD/mouse.

The Dynamic Zoom might be great, but in this game it will be very distracting , and will lag down all the good FPS speed. Also- If I would zoom- sprites will start to shatter into pixels- note I am using Pixel art - not vector-drawn. I seen people overscale sprites, and that looks horrible.
regarding Sound Loops- - Emerald Hill music has an "entrance" and then play the loop. Unfortunately it could be looped only on Genesis (in a MIDI format). In my case I am runing MP3compressed tracks, and some are impossible to loop perfectly, especially with script.

Winning poses- SURE! I realy feel- it should be there, because it will make characters look more like they alive.

Once again- Thanks for a good, long review! :)

Orbit Orbit

Very Creative!

A very creative game, I wonder if you initially made this for some sort of space simulation. I like the ATARI 2600 style colors too.

Russian Affairs Russian Affairs

Great

Kinda remind me of Flashback, Blackthorne, Out of this World, etc.

Lots of people find this review helpful!

Overrun Overrun

Nice Game

You know, any good game might caught my attention. But it has to be a unique one that motivates me to write a review. Overall it's a nice game! Well-made graphics and interactivity. Here's my wishlist:
1. I wish I could use a sniper scope to shoot distant enemies
2. I wish the turret movement has "zings & clinks" machine sounds
3. I wish the turret/camera moves more smoothly, sorta like eases when stop turning

Oh and I note the knee-deep in the dead lvl 1 music.

Denvish responds:

Good suggestions, I will think about implementing them if I create a MkII. Thanks for taking the time to review.

The Dead Case The Dead Case

Nice Story

Nice storyline, good game, well done. Can use a better user interface though, e.g the cursor highlights when hovers on an accessible object. Then again, still a good game.

Nightmare Nightmare

Good

Very creative, keep up the good work.

Earth Rock Hunter Earth Rock Hunter

Put some music

Music is important to create a mood. Nevertheless if possible, you should put an option for turning off the music. Overall, a great feel on the game, congratulations.

Slacker 2 Slacker 2

Great

Great work. Nice choices of music, really represents the atmosphere.

Ronin-Spirit of the Sword Ronin-Spirit of the Sword

Perfect

Flawless Victory

Animal maze Series 5 Animal maze Series 5

great

can you make the english version?